Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Comfort & Joy

I'm back with another card using a small section of the Alexandra Renke papers.  My gosh, she sure does have some beautiful papers.  I bought 3 different themes this year from her collection, and they are all various sizes of rectangles, so you just have to cut them up and apply them to your cards or tags.

Not a lot of stamping on this except for the  sentiment on the tag.  For this I used Simon Says Tiny Work Christmas set.  I stamped in black versafine, and the die is from an older Spellbinders set.




I used one of the poinsettia images cut and layered it onto a dark espresso cardstock.  I then cut 2 tags using Sizzix framelit tags ( and many thanks to Leslie Miller for enabling me to finally purchase these after seeing a couple of cards she made using these dies - here and here.) One tag was cut using silver shimmer c/s, and the other a ruby shimmer c/s.

I added some washi tape down the side of the silver tag using Alexandra Renke tape.

For the reindeer I used IO reindeer die #DIE080-N and then I rubbed some Prima rose gold metallique wax over the cut reindeer - love the shimmer of this.  I also cut some sprays using Jeanine's Art (Find It Dies) called Frosty Ornaments # JAD10049, but this time before cutting the sprays I applied the rose gold wax to an area on the white card stock, then cut, that way you don't see any white borders along the edges of the spray.  Although your die does get some coloured ink on it, a bit of warm water, soap and a old brush (I use an old toothbrush) to get the wax out.

I added a little silk grey bow to my sentiment tag, three  clear droplets to the pointsettia, and stickles to the center of the poinsettia.  Wood grain paper is from one of my Kaiser Kraft 6 x 6 which I used an MFT stitched rectangle to cut it out, and I used silver shimmer cardstock for my base.  Card measures 5.5 x 4.25.

I hope I inspired you today, have a wonderful day!

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, WOW, I love how you did everything here! That paper is so gorgeous and it leaves room to fit the majestic stag. I didn't know those tags were still available, but they've always been a favorite set. Glad I could enable you! I really like how you layered your dies and decorated the top. Another exquisite, yet relatively simple card. I've learned a lot from you today, Pauline!

Pam Sparks said...

This is so pretty Pauline! What beautiful cards!

Tracy said...

That pine cone washi tape!!!! WOW! That is fabulous. Each and every element is a perfect compliment to the others. What a joy this is.

Ros Crawford said...

This is exquisite! What a wonderful design and beautifully done!