Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, November 9, 2018

Man's best friend

Boy, do I have a cute Christmas card to share today!  My heart melts when I see snowman, all shapes and sizes, cute and adorable, no matter what the style I love them all!

Today's card is a Digital image from Sassy Cheryl's.  I tried to look for the image to link, but this one might be discontinued.  I bought a whole bunch of images back in the summer when she was clearing out some of the older images.



After re-sizing and printing, I used copics to colour.  I trimmed down the imaged and layered it onto a piece of dp - Fancy Pants - Bough of Holly.  I used the front and back side of this for my card. Because of the way the red kind of looks distressed, I tried to make the snowman's scarf look the same. I used my clear copic to remove some of the red.  Love the look once it dried.

I added a strip of gold peel-off along the top and bottom of the image just to finish off the edges.  A white gel pen was used to add polka-dots to the snowman's had and the doggies scarf.

"Let it snow" is a die from Aliexpress.  I cut this 2x, once from white glitter paper and the other from white cardstock, then glued together to give it a bit more stability.  Snowflakes were cut from Memory Box dies.  I cut one of the larger ones in half and adhered it to the the right edge.

Using my quickie glue pen I dotted all around the image and then added Tim Holtz distress glitter for that added sparkle.

I need to make a few more of this one, overall it was a quick card.

I hope I have inspired you today.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline

6 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Love it! I will have to check out her site.

NancyT said...

So cute Pauline. You can never have enough snowman stamps. Love how you used the half snowflake on the side. Your colouring is superb and love the paper selection. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie Miller said...

I love snowmen, too, so bring 'em on! I have a couple of new-to-me Stamping Bella snowmen I'll be coloring before Christmas. This snowman is so sweet and adorable with the birds and little pup! I love how you've designed the card with the die cut sentiment and snowflakes along the bottom, and the half snowflake on the side. What a great idea that is! His scarf is a perfect match to the DP, and I'm always happy to see designer paper. It's truly one of my many weaknesses. Gosh, I love when you color, Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgeous!! I love the colouring and he sure makes me smile!

Lori said...

Adorable card! Such a sweet image and pretty design too!

Tracy said...

Awww he really is cute and I love the effect you got on the scarf.