Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Christmas Journaling Cards #1





Sometimes you just need a break to make card making a little easier.  Well I found just the thing. Our local stamp store The Paper Pickle had some Carta Bella - Christmas Journaling cards in stock, so I scooped up a couple.  There are 12 cards on a page, basically you just need to cut them out and dress them up.

I have 2 completed and 2 more on the go.  Here are my first two: the center image is the journally card.

For the first card, I used my gold krylon pen and went around the edges, then added a red cardstock layer behind.  Next I  used PTI Shape Shifter Square 3 die for the tree like border which I only used two sides of.  I then layered this onto a piece of Carta Bella Merry Snowflakes which was then adhered to my base card - measuring 5 x 5.  I added some gold shiffon ribbon and gold twin and a couple of snowflakes (Memory Box die) cut from gold glitter paper, then added a couple of small gold beads to the centers.




 For my second card, I layered a piece of gold mirri paper behind the journaling card.  I cut out a red "joy" using a die from Impression Obsession, actually cut it twice and glued together for extra thickness.  Background papers are scraps from Basic Grey.  To finish off I added so glossy accents to the berries, used my wink of stella clear pen and brushed all the greenery for that bit of extra sparkle. I then added some gold flat back pearls around the wreath.


For the most part these are  quick cards to make.  I have more on the go, so will post those once completed.

Thank you for your visit, hope you have a joyous day!

Pauline

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, I need this Carta Bella collection! I hope to do some easy cards with my Mintay Christmas paper, but the woodsy, earthy look of these is extremely appealing to me. You dressed them up beautifully! Really love how you used the twig frame to make just a corner for the first card. Wow twice!! I'm pretty caught up with Thanksgiving preparations till tomorrow, so hope to play in my room today. I can easily get waylaid by other life stuff, though. Enjoy the rest of your week, Pauline!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Christmas cards made easier with your DSP. Loving your beautifully creative blog, Pauline. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Ros Crawford said...

Oh they're lovely!! I'm loving the woodgrain look there and the wreath is so pretty with the die cut in the centre!

Pam Sparks said...

oooh, I love your wreath card!

Tracy said...

Fantastic! Beautiful images so why not make them the focal points. Lovely Christmas feel packed into both of them.