Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Peace & Joy

Good morning all.  I hope all my friends south of the border had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Today, I have 3 cards to share using the Stamptember Tim Holtz Christmas set from Simon Says Stamps.  Unfortunately, this set is no longer available.  There are several images in the set all are lovely as the next.  I chose to use two of the images for my cards along with one of the sentiments.
The sentiment on the last card is an old (very old) PSX wooden stamp from 2003! I still wish PSX was around, they had some awesome images and sentiments.

So, for my cards they are all done the same way, just different images and inks.
I placed my cardstock and stamp in my MISTI and used distress ink markers to colour the images and stamp several times to get the depth of colour I wanted, turn paper around and continue etc.

I then sponged distress inks around the edging for colour.   Splattered with some white paint (which you can hardly see). Sentiments were embossed with either gold or platinum.

Card # 1 - distress ink markers - shabby shutters, twisted citron, mowed lawn, iced spruce, milled lavender, wilted violet, seedless preserves, peacock feathers, and  for shading - milled lavender distress ink.  Sprayed with water with micro pearl added to my spray bottle.



Card # 2 - distress ink markers - crushed olive, shabby shutters, pine needles, vintage photo, ground expresso, fired brick, candied apple and for shading around the edges - antique linen, also spritzed background when done with Hero Arts metallic shimmer gold spray.


Card # 3 - distress ink markers - twisted citron, iced spruce, peeled paint, peacock feathers, pine needles, fired brick, tombow markers - #837 & #847 (for a deeper red).  Antique linen distress ink used for sponging the outside edges, sprayed Hero Arts metallic shimmer gold spray.  Added a few gold sequins.


These cards were part of a card order I did for a friend, but I still want to make some for me to send out this year.  These work up fairly fast once you get going on them especially if you are doing several in the same colours.

I'll see you soon with some more Christmas cards to share.  Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day!

(NOTE:  New picture above- spotted this Red Breasted Nuthatch sitting in our backyard one day after work a few weeks ago)

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Pauline, these cards are absolutely beautiful and they'd probably take me forever and a day. Gorgeous colors and stamps. Love the flowers with greenery, sigh... The sprays add an extra touch of elegance. I tried some sprays when they first came out and could never make them look good. They've probably been improved, I suppose. I think my favorite is the center card with the pine cones but, ohhhh, those flowers! Our bird bath and surrounding trees are full of Robins this morning. Your little Nuthatch is so cute!

Tracy said...

My oh my! These need to be selling in a store somewhere. They are absolutely gorgeous Pauline. Great color choices for each.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! They are stunning!! They are so pretty and professional too.
I can't believe you stamped them...