Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, November 18, 2018

For the cat lover in you

Hello.  Just in for a quick post this evening. Among all the Christmas cards I've been making, I had to stop and make a birthday card for my boss for our group to sign.  She is a cat lover, so how perfect was it for me to make her a cat card! I love cats, but highly allergic to them. My son has two cats so when we go for a visit I have to make sure I have taken my meds and inhaler. 




No stamping involved on this card, just die cutting.  The cat die is from Aliexpress, and the top border punch is from Martha Stewart.

Designer paper is by Three bugs in a Rug - Frisky.  I've had this paper pack for sometime, but think it's rather cute!

I cut out the die three times,  once with white c/s, aqua mist c/s & a green glitter paper. I adhered the aqua and glitter pieces back inside the frame, the added some fun foam to the back to add some dimenstion.

Added the border along the top, then trimmed it with a piece of green glitter paper.

For finishing touches I added a clear rhinestone to each of the cats.

That's it for me for this evening.  Back to working on Christmas cards.  I'm back into overtime for the next 3 weeks as well, so won't have much time for stamping at nights.  I have a small reserve for posting for the coming weeks.

Have a wonderful day,

Pauline

4 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Sweet card. I'm she will love it.

Ros Crawford said...

She's going to love this!! You know I am a cat lover too and I just adore those inlaid cats and the faces on the DP!

Leslie Miller said...

Ack, I love this card so much! There's just something about cat dies and stamps and I really love how this die works. The paper is so darn cute, too, as in irresistibly cute! It couldn't be more perfect for your cat-loving boss. Back to overtime... it really gets in the way of stamping. I'll look forward to anything you're able to share. Your cards are infinitely inspiring!

Tracy said...

Now that's a super clever design. Love the inlaid die cut line of cats. You're so creative. :-)