Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, November 5, 2018

Winter chirps

I have another Penny Black card to share with you today.  I will be teaching this card in my upcoming class at Paper Pickle. 

I'm using Penny Black - Winter Chirps stamp, as well as Memory Box - Peace die.



After I stamped the image onto some white cardstock, I used prismacolour pencils to colour up this sweet image.  The birds are separate but are included in the stamp set.  So I just lined up to where I thought the birds would sit and stamped them on.

I cut the image out used a circle die from Spellbinders Grande Circles, and then used Spellbinders Grande Decorative Circles to cut the layer behind the image.  I used turquoise shimmer paper for this. The Peace was cut from silver mirra cardstock.

The stripe paper is from Echo Park - dots & stripes foil.  I added a thin piece of mirra c/s down the side for added detail.  To finish off I added silver sequins, a silver bow along with Tim Holtz distress glitter which I added to the berries and leaves in the image.

Well that's it for me for tonight.  Wishing you a Happy Day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

The stamps are stunning and I love how you coloured them... this is one classy and gorgeous card!

Leslie Miller said...

What a pretty wreath and, ohhhh, the birds! It just wouldn't be the same without them. They add such a touch of sweetness. This is just soooo beautiful, Pauline! I love how you combined the silver striped CS with the narrow silver strip. The colors are wonderful. I adore it and so will your class. Lucky class to come away with a card like this!

Tracy said...

Oh how I would love to come and craft with you at your class. This is so pretty. Love the colors.