Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Winter sky

Happy Halloween everyone! Hope your week is going well.  I've been working diligently on my card orders, and always looking for cards to make that are elegant, and easy to re-produce.

Today's cards are just that! I'm using Penny Black's 'Winter Sky' stamp, along with a die called Winter Snow script also from Penny Black.

For my first card I sponged the following Distress Oxide inks to make my background: Blueprint sketch, shaded lilac, tumbled glass, cracked pistachio, and evergreen bough.  Once the background was completed I stamped the winter sky using black versafine - I stamped it twice to fill the front of the card.

I then diluted some 'copic' opaque white ink and splattered the background.  I then spritzed the background using some micro pearl powder which was added to my mini spritzer. Added the Winter die cut along the bottom edge and stamped a sentiment from PB - Christmas Sentiments.  Added a little snowflake next to the sentiment. (only because I had a tiny black smudge and it bothered me, so covered it up!)




For my second card I used distress inks - ripe persimmon, broken china, tumbled glass & peeled paint.  I took the same steps as the first card except I sprayed it with Hero Arts Metallic Shimmer gold.



This is a close up view of the gold shimmer spray - so sparkley.



Hope you have a 'spooktacular' day! Thanks for stopping by.

Pauline






5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I just adore these cards Pauline... The colours and the ink blending are beautiful and you really get a sense of peace and serenity from them. Just wonderful!

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Pauline, both of these cards are GORGEOUS! I especially love the first one (being so partial to blue), and I love the aura of light that shines through the trees. It's amazing, and I really love the "winter" die cut. Beautifully done, sweet friend, and just such a delight for my eyes!! **sigh** Hugs and love! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, incredible beauty and perfection in these cards! I sooooo love the sponged backgrounds and the snow and the winter die. Wow! The snowflake to cover the smudge looks like it was meant to be. So lovely to see these beauties today, Pauline!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Oh I like the feel of these both so very CAS but beautiful all around.

Tracy said...

Oooo gorgeous! They booth look amazing but I think the warmth of the colors in the second one makes it my fave.