Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Snowflake wishes

Hello there.  I'm back today to share another 'snowman/snowlady' card with you today. I finally finished my first card order, just need to put the liners inside and get these mailed off to the recipient.
Then need to start on my next orders.

Well the Autumn season is upon us, but some days it feels like Winter.  Our temperatures this past week and the coming couple of weeks between 45 - 50 (8-10C) as the high but early mornings are around freezing. Right now it is 34F or 1C and the winds are from the north which makes it feel even colder.  I love the fall with the cooler days and the change of colours, but not ready for these frigid temps! Brrrrrr..... LOL.

Okay lets get on with my card.  I'm using the snowman image from Purdy Stamps.  This is an oldie, but I bring them out every few years because they are just too darn cute not to use wouldn't you say?




I used prismacolour pencils and blended with gamsol.  I then sponged some clouds using MFT's cloud stencil and PTI aqua mist and a bit along bottom for a bit of colour in the snow.

For the papers I used MME - Sugar Plum.  To create the frame I used MFT stitched rectangle frames.
I decided to add some snowflakes under the top of the frame for some added detail - using Simon Says - snowflake border die.

To finish off I added some white flock on the pom-pom, TH distress glitter, and a little tag using Penny Black holiday snippets, then added a aqua silk bow.

I changed out my bird picture at the top.  This is an American Redstart - Female.  She was in our backyard for a few days and I was very persistent in capturing a photo of her.  It took I while but it happened!

I appreciate your visit today, I'll be back in a few days, see you then.

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love Mrs. Purdy! I colored her twice earlier this year and I don't think I'll ever get tired of her. She's so pretty in these colors. Love the cloud-sponged sky and the snowflake border. Awww, you gave her rosy cheeks! Love that, too! Good luck with your card order. I have one to fill, as well, and haven't started. Thankfully it's not for Christmas, but will need to be filled by the new year.

Ros Crawford said...

I love how you use such soft and pretty pastel colours... This is beautiful!!

Tracy said...

From the birdie at the top to the snow lady, this page is filled with cuteness. The soft pastels are so sweet. It's been a bit chilly here lately and now it's rainy. :-( We had one perfect day. Wish it would come back and stay.

Stacy Morgan said...

Adorable... Super cute snowman, wonderful soft coloring. And... keep your cold temps please. :-)