Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Smells like Christmas

Hello friends!  Sorry I haven't posted in over a week, but I've been busy working on a card order, the one that is a repeat of last years cards that I already posted.  I finally just finished the last card last night for this order, but changed it up a bit so will post that one later.

But tonight I wanted to share a card that I made in between the card order that I am ecstatic about! I just love the way this one turned out.  As soon as this digital image was released from Sassy Cheryl's called "smells like christmas' I just had to have it. 





I resized the image along with the sentiment then coloured it using prismacolour pencils and blended with gamsol.  I then sponged some clouds using MFT cloud stencil.  I also sponged a bit of light blue along the ground just for a bit of shading/colour.  I was going to just add glitter for snow, but went through some of my dies and came across this fence from Penny Black.  I cut it out 3 times all from kraft cardstock, glued together and then sponged some distress gathered twigs.  I then took my white  gel pen and put some white highlights along the fence to resemble snow.  I added some glitter along the fence and ground area.

 I thought I was done but then decided I needed something up in the right corner.  Pulled out a couple of branch dies, decided on this one from Penny Black and cut it from some white glitter paper. 

I am just in love with this card, I don't even want to part with it! LOL.

Background paper is from StudioLight - Winter Feelings.

Okay, I'm off to work on another card.  See you back here soon.  Enjoy your day!

Pauline



5 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Girl. . . this is absolutely STUNNING! The softness of the sky. . .and the little scene you created is picture perfect. LOVE it!

Tracy said...

I don't blame you for wanting to hold onto it. It's just precious. You picked just the right little extras to add. Super sweet!

Leslie Miller said...

I cannot bear how absolutely adorable this is! Oh, my gosh! You just might have to keep it. At the very least maybe keep it out on display this year and send it next year. The fence, the branch, that amazingly sweet image... all the softness with your gentle snowy ground and sponged clouds... oh, my heart -- LOVE!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Oh this would definitely be in a frame if it were mine... Your colouring skills are amazing!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, you have outdone yourself with this card! It's a THUD! I love every inch of it, and your coloring is so beautifully soft and perfect. Love the sky and the snow, and the fence was a perfect addition along with the branch sparkling up in the corner. I LOVE love love it! And I'm with Leslie about keeping it this year on display and then send it next year (maybe!)! LOL! Hugs! xoxo