Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Winter Cabin

Hello there!  What a busy week it has been, with the long Thanksgiving weekend that just passed, and after being off for a weeks vacation, then back to work on Tuesday I was totally exhausted by the time I got home from work on Tuesday! As they say, you need to go to work to get rest, because when your at home it's never ending.  On the bathroom reno side of things, slowly getting there.  So hopefully I have some spare time to get some more of my christmas cards done.

I'm also back teaching classes at our local stamp store The Paper Pickle.  I have a class tomorrow night, so I was busy cutting and preparing the papers for class tonight.  We will be making 2 cards which I have already previously posted - this (the orange one) and this one. I thought I best do a post as I knew I would have a chance to do it tomorrow night.

When I was in London (Ontario) a few weeks back I saw a card sample in the stamp store that I figured I could mass produce.  So bought the dies, came home and whipped a couple of these up.  I changed it up a bit because I don't like to copy someone elses' cards 100%.

I ended up making 2 cards, but I think there is so many more variations you could do with these dies. and they were fairly quick to make.




Both cards are using  Cottage Cutz die - Winter Cabin border, and the rounded square pierced die is from Nellie Snellen - Straight dotted square.

I started with a 4 6/8 square white card stock and cut the straight dotted square from that.  I then cut another piece of white measuring 4 7/8.  I sponged lightly some distress tumbled glass on the 4 7/8 piece and then used my MFT cloud stencil and added a bit more tumbled glass to make the clouds.

I then cut the winter cabin out and added TH distress glitter to the trees, ground and roof of the house. I glued this to the back of the opening, then adhered the front to the back.  This was then mounted onto a 5.5 x 5.5 white card base.

The bell die is from Amy Design - Christmas Bell Corner, and I cut this from some brushed gold ( I bought this from Micheals last winter), then adhered it to the corner. I added some gold glitter peel-offs to the bell dongles for a bit of sparkle.

For the 2nd card I used Impression Obsession fir branch and cut this from shiny silver c/s.  I cut one and then snipped off the longer branch to make it wider rather than longer.  I had some thin silver twine on my desk, so added a tiny bow to hold the ends together. I also added a peel-off sentiment and the bottom.

So there you have it, 2 quick and easy cards to mass produce. I'm still so far off from what I need, but need to work on my Christmas card orders first!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a fabulous week!

Pauline








3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh these are stunning cards Pauline... What beautiful frames and your sky is so beautifully done... Really elegant. Have fun at your class!

Leslie Miller said...

I remember times when I had to go to work to rest up after vacation, but also times I had a restful vacation and the first day back at work undid it all. Now you're doing the card class again. Busy busy! There are never enough hours. They'll love your projects! These cards are sooooo beautiful! The sky is very delicate, the snowy scene inviting, the corner accents gorgeous! You WOW me, Pauline! Always!

Tracy said...

Well aren't these beautiful snowy visions. Your background inking is so delicate and I love the added sparkle to parts of the scenery die. Hope your class went well.