Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Forest Finds

 Hello! It's Friday tomorrow and the end of another week! This month is flying by so quickly don't you think? I'm back to share another Christmas image. I have had this digital image printed out for quite some time, and just finally got around to colouring it up.  This digital image is called 'Forest Finds' from Power Poppy.  When it was first released last winter I scooped it up right away.  I just love the way Marcella designed this.




Normally I used Primsacolour pencils to colour, but I wanted more vibrant colours than what prismas can offer.  So I pulled out my Copics and coloured this up.

I used an AliExpress die to cut it out, and then layered the image onto another piece of white c/s, otherwise the background paper shows through the holes around the edge and it distracts from the image.

Designer paper is by Bo Bunny - Altitude Collection. I finished off with some glittered enamel dots and Tim Holtz clear distress glitter. I also added a couple pieces of silver peel-offs where the striped paper meets the dark purple.

I am entering my card in Power Poppy's October Power & Spark: You say it's your birthday! The challenge is to use an image that represents the month you were born.  My birthday is in Dec, so I choose this 'winter' image for the challenge.


That's it for me, I've been working on more Christmas cards to share.   See you real soon.  Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate your visits.

Pauline


6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, I really hate to say it, but until I saw your card just now I didn't realize this was a Christmas image. How could I have been so blind? Clearly these are ornaments and just the sort of thing I love. I must have really not been paying attention when this digi was released. It's so beautiful in the colors you chose, perfectly coordinated with the paper. Sheesh, Pauline, guess it's another one to add to my collection. Lovely shine in your coloring and I like how you layered the die cut mat. The silver peel off is just right for finishing the edge. Also love the clear enamel dots. They go with everything!

CraftyViolet said...

Beautiful card.
I noticed you have ordered from AliExpress. I have heard they are not safe to deal with. Did you have any problems ordering from them?

Kerri said...

Beautifully done love it!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Pauline, what a gorgeous card! I love the digi too and love your color palette. The DP you've used is perfect along with the wonderful layout! Yes, you definitely used a perfect and vibrant color medium, and it's stunning! I always love your work and am always inspired by you!! Hugs and love! xoxo

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous... These colors are fantastic... Love love this.

Tracy said...

Cool! I blew this up so I could see the details. All the little glitter accents you've added look amazing. Beautiful color scheme too.