Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, October 5, 2018

Bountiful Bouquet

I can't believe it is the weekend already.  We have been on vacation this week, so rather than go away somewhere we decided to stay home and tackle some much need work around the house. We decided to tackle the bathroom, we put a new floor down, fresh paint job, new fixtures etc. It's a lot of work and we are still not done yet, getting there though.  I haven't had  time to stamp, but I did manage to save this one that I coloured a couple of weeks ago when Marcella introduced this beautiful digi image called Bountiful Bouquet. What a gorgeous fall arrangement Marcella has created!





I coloured this image using Caran D'ache pencils.  I then cut the mage out using MFT scallop die.  I was going to add some shading in and around the flowers but decided to just ground the pot with some shading along the bottom.

Paper is by Authentique - Thankful.  I added some burgundy ribbon and to make the bow settle into the card I took some great advice from a dear friend Leslie, who suggests to punch a hole in the top layer, this way the knot from the bow will inset a bit which makes it for easier mailing. 

I added some Art Institute bronze glitter to the centers of the daisies.  Using a white gel pen I added some white dots to the persimmons for some added interest.  I left off a sentiment so it can be used for various occasions.

Well it's bed time for me, it's been a long day.  It's almost 10, and lots to do tomorrow.  I'm behind in commenting on the blogs I follow.  I haven't forgotten you, I will get there eventually, just haven't had the time this week.

Enjoy your weekend, and Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian followers!

Hugs,
Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I keep clicking and looking... Your coloring is amazing and very rich with the pencils. Absolutely stellar! I dearly love this digi set and I'm glad you got it, too. So fun to see different versions. I hope the hole punch thing worked well for you. It all depends on the size of the hole and how securely you push the knot into it. I see the pretty sparkle on the flower centers and I really like the white gel accents. I hope you've enjoyed your home improvement week which is coming to an end. A fresh coat of paint makes all the difference, plus new floor and fixtures. My bathroom could stand a re-do.

Ros Crawford said...

Time just seems to run away doesn't it... Your card is so beautiful and I can't believe that this is hand coloured... It's truly amazing and stunning!

Tracy said...

This is just delightful! So warm and cozy. Leslie's ribbon tip sounds great. Have to try that.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet Pauline! What an absolutely GORGEOUS card! I love your fabulous coloring, and I'm with Leslie about looking at the close-up and see the beautiful details! I love how you've colored the pitcher! Beautifully done and finished to perfection as always, sweet friend! I love the wee bow and must try that trick that Leslie does. Stunning! Sending sunny hugs and love! xoxo