Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Cherry blossom notecards

Good morning.  I have a couple of quick and easy cards to share with you today.  I've made a couple of these types a few months back.  Basically it is using die cuts and washi tape.  Sound pretty easy? - let me show you.

Sometimes you just need some blank note cards on hand, so these can be used for a variety of occasions as I have left off the sentiment.


I'm using Alexandra Renke washi tape for both of these cards. For the cardstock I'm using, white, MFT grout gray, and some pattern paper from Alexandra Renke.  For the dies on the first crad I used Simon Says stitched circle, and Altenew fine framed circle dies.








When I first saw this paper I was drawn to it because of the bird images. So pretty!  Dies for this one I used PTI Tag Sale #12 die, Altenew fine framed circle, and spellbinder circle to cut the image. I also cut a flourish from vellum to adhere at the top of the tag die behind the bow.





To finish off I added some sequins for a bit of bling.

I'm off this coming week, so I do hope to get a bit of stamping done, but..... we are painting our bathroom and putting down new flooring, plus have to get some birding time in as well.  See you again real soon.  Have a fabulous day, and thanks for stopping by!

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

These are so incredibly delicate and beautiful, Pauline! Very nice to have the matching Washi tape and paper. The bird image is absolutely gorgeous with its soft watercolor look, sigh. Love the circle die detail on the first, and the very soft gray on both. Perfectly placed sequins and the vellum die cut is right in keeping with the overall look. I'm so happy to hear you have the week off. I hope you get to enjoy all the things you love to do, plus those things you need to accomplish.

Tracy said...

sigh....these are exquisite. The tape and the paper images are so beautiful. You did a top notch job with the layouts too.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! These are so beautiful!! The papers and tape are gorgeous but I just love how you designed these cards.. Wonderful die cut frames and the colour of the grey cardstock is just perfect!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Oh the cherry blossoms look fabulous and what cool designs. FABO!!!