Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, September 7, 2018

Happy new home


It is sure starting to feel like fall here.  After a week of 100 degree weather, the next week will be much cooler.  Right now at 9 am it is only 61F (compared to  95 yesterday) - reaching up to the 70's this afternoon.  My kind of weather for sure!

I had a request from a co-worker for a 'new home' card.  So what exactly kind of card would you make? I had a funky house image but she wasn't fussy on that, so I told her to leave it with me and I would come up with something.

Plants are always a nice gift for a new home owner, so pulled out this set from MFT , with matching flower pot die, and here is the end result:



I first cut my background white c/s using MFT scallop pierced die.  I then figured where I would place the flower pots, then pulled out a Memory Box stencil and stenciled a bit of a background using antique distress ink.  Plants and pots were stamped and coloured with copics. Then cut the pots out using the matching die, but free hand cut the plants (as I did not have the dies for these).

Happy New Home was embossed on a piece of black c/s, using white embossing powder.  I then trimmed off the edges to the desired length and width, then angled on end.  I glued this down first, then figured out how to arrange the planters.  The middle one is popped up.

To finish off I added some enamel dots.

(BTW - she loved the card :) )

Supplies:
Stamps - MFT - sweet succulents & die, PTI - Keep it simple - home stamp set, Tucked in- New - home stamp set
Die - MFT - scallop stitched rectangle
Copics - G40, G43, G46, YG03, YG21, YG23, YG25, E15, E17, E19, E43, E44, E47, E81, E84, E87, BG34, V05, RV06, RV08, RV21
Misc - white embossing powder, enamel dots, antique distress ink, Memory box stencil

Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I'm glad she loved the card 'cause I absolutely love it, too, and think it's perfect! Those stamps are so cute! I'm looking at your stenciled background and thinking it might be about time for me to look into stencils. Maybe I have a die or two that would work for the time being. I really need to try it. The effect here is so outstanding and just the ideal touch on your clean and simple card.

Tracy said...

Of course she loved it. It's perfect. Thank goodness for cacti or I'd never be able to have a house plant. LOL

Ros Crawford said...

I love it too! It's beautiful! Love the design and your soft stencilled BG... stunning card Pauline!