Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Leftovers


Hello everyone!  The other night I was trying to get my creative juices flowing.  Went on Pinterest, checked out Feedly, blogs, etc, but I continued to be in a rut!! So, I looked on my desk and saw a small pile of cut dies and papers etc and decided to go through it and see what I had.

I happened to have this bird below along with the brown frame and paper all bundled together but nothing was finished.  I believe I was going to make this for Father's Day, but changed my mind and came up with something different. So figured I might as well finish it.  I never have too many 'masculine' cards made ahead.



The background paper is from Bo Bunny - Trail Mix. 
Brown c/s frame is using MFT Stitched square frame
Image of bird is from some designer paper from SU - and just cut out the bird to fit behind the frame.

Added some twine where the two dp meet. It still needed something.  I didn't want to add sequins or enamel dots, so pulled out TH Wildflowers # 2 Thinlets and cut a couple of the stems using metallic bronze c/s.  I wasn't sure at first if I liked the stems, but the more I look at it, I do.

It was a quick card, but another little unfinished project completed!

Thanks for your visit, enjoy your day!

Pauline

4 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I'm glad you finished it ... It's so lovely and a perfect colour combination!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, what a fabulous masculine card! When I saw the bird, I thought you might have made a brown- or sepia-tone print of a photo you and Bill took. But I seem to remember this DP from SU. It makes a stunning card, especially with the DP you've used along with the wonderful brown frame. And the die is a lovely yet handsome touch. Wonderfully done, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo

Tracy said...

It's wonderful and so like you with the bird image. :-)

Leslie Miller said...

Using up scraps and making a quick card feels pretty darn good, doesn't it? You needed no inspiration other than what was laying around unfinished. This turned out fantastic! It works beautifully as a masculine card, but anything nature-related is highly appealing to me. Those leaves look great in the corner. I wouldn't have thought the bird was designer paper. It looks like a stamp! Now I'm inspired to try one of my bird images without coloring it. Awesome, Pauline!