Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, September 21, 2018

Chinese Lanterns

I had a chance to do some stamping this week, so decided on a fall image.  It didn't feel much like fall weather here this week, with temperatures in the upper 90's, but a cold front moved through this afternoon, so tonight and the weekend are much cooler (high 60's - low 70's- love this weather).  I haven't done much in the line of 'colouring' an image, so decided to pull out Power Poppy's Sunny Harvest set.  I'm using the "chinese lanterns" from this set.



Using Prisma colour pencils to colour.  I then used an oval die to cut out the image, left the die in place and sponged PTI green parakeet ink around the image.  Next I took MFT stitched oval frame and cut it using some rusty coloured cardstock. 

Designer paper is  from Memory Box. From the scraps of designer paper I cut some leaves using MFT Fab Foliage dies.  Added a twine bow to adhere the leaves together.

To finish off I added some TH distress glitter.

Hope you enjoying your weekend.  See you again real soon.

Pauline

4 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! Those colours are beautiful together! I love the Chinese lanterns... Wonderfully done and the background paper is just perfect for them!

Leslie Miller said...

Hi, Pauline! We're back and now I'm playing catch up. I hope we can stay put for a while now. Naturally, I had to come over when I saw your posts in Feedly. Ohhhh, how I love this image and you've colored it so beautifully! Just the right touch of green on the lanterns. Such wonderful fall colors. Perfect bit of embellishment in the corner. Really love the papers, too. We seem to have many of the same papers. These are a favorite fall collection. I'm so happy to see your posts!

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous card Pauline! Love it!

Tracy said...

Such beautiful warm colors. Your pencil wok is amazing. You get such great depth of color.