Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Dainty whispers

Hello!  I'm back today to share another Penny Black image. 

I started by applying distress oxide inks to some canson watercolour paper, using twisted citron, cracked pistachio, peakcock feathers & blueprint sketch.




I then stamped the image - dainty whispers, using memento black.  I was sure to put this in my Misti as I was afraid I might not get a good impression first time around, so this way I can re-stamp the image,

Next, I took a wet paintbrush and dotted each flower blossom to remove the oxide ink.  It only takes a few seconds and you can see the ink lifting.  You can dab it with some paper towel to soak it up.

For the corner leafy branch, I used a Penny Black stencil and some blueprint sketch oxide ink. I just love how it fills in the corner and completes the card.

along the bottom I used a Memory Box die cut - Valencia Border.

I added some TH distress glitter on each of the flower petals.

This worked up fast, a good card to mass produce if need be.  Well looks like I'll be back to working 12 hour days again next week, so won't have any time for carding.  I'm trying to squeeze in as much stamping as I can these week nights, and looks like I'll be working this saturday as well.

I do have a couple of cards ready for posting, just need to take some pictures.

See you back here real soon, thanks for your visit.

Pauline

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful Pauline... I love the colours and that leaf stem on the corner really makes this even more special!

Leslie Miller said...

Your ink blending is so smooth and perfect and absolutely gorgeous! I'm totally smitten with the leaves hanging down in the corner. Very dreamy. Interesting about the ink lifting. What a nice effect which keeps the overall soft look of this intact. Then adding the glitter and the pretty border, sigh... I'll look forward to your next cards. I hope your 12 hr days don't go on too much longer, but you're hanging in there nicely.

Tracy said...

Very cool! I was thinking you had used some white ink or something but the lifting worked nicely. I like the sparkle you added to it too.