Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Christmas Glow

Hello everyone.  Hope you had a good weekend.   Did you know that it is only 43 days until Christmas?  How are you Christmas cards coming along?  I'm not doing too bad on mine considering I started late, and trying to get card orders done in between my own cards. But hey, it is what it is, I'm sure I will have all my cards in the mail on time!

My card today is a Penny Black image called Christmas Glow.  It is much larger that what it looks like on the internet.  The tree measures almost 6" from star to bottom of pot, and the width is almost
4 3/4" wide.  My card size ended up being 6 1/8 x 5.


Since the tree is a brush stoke image, I placed the tree in my misti along with some Canson 140lb watercolour paper.  I coloured the image with various memento inks.  Once I was happy with the colouring, I used a paintbrush to move some of the colours around.  I then sponged inks around the image.

The sentiment is embossed in gold on some PTI vellum.  Sentiment is from Penny Black - Peaceful Season. I wrapped the ends of the vellum around my card front and adhered with some tape. I always find vellum never tends to lay flat, so I added a few dots of glue underneath the peace, joy and love to hold it down.

I added a couple of pieces of gold miri paper along the sides. For the string of lights, I used some tombow markers to fill in the lights, then added TH distress glitter to the bulbs.

I'm so glad you stopped by today.  Wishing you a happy day!

Pauline

6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, my, Pauline, Christmas Glow is right! Your coloring is amazing, and I love how you've added the lights! Beautifully done and such a gorgeous way to finish it with the vellum and the gold mirror card stock. I love it! So glad you are enjoying finally getting some Christmas cards done. I still have more but am thankful to have been working on them throughout the year. Warm hugs! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Holy cow, that is a large stamp, but it's so pretty you don't really want to cut it down. I suppose you could use just the tree top, but then you wouldn't be able to see the absolutely beautiful job you did on the tree and pot. I love how you colored the stamp and then moved the ink around on the paper afterward. Such a lovely effect. You're so good with these brushstroke images. Cozy, warm background and twinkling lights. This is just gorgeous, Pauline. Good luck with your cards. I'm trundling along little by little.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's wonderful!! I love how you got that glow around the tree... It reminds me of a cosy Christmas... Beautifully done Pauline!

Tracy said...

Beautiful! I would sooo make a mess of this. LOL You have the skills that are perfect for making this image look like a million dollars.

nancy littrell said...

Wow...gorgeous MISTI watercoloring, Pauline. Too bad the tree image is so large, but it is gorgeous. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous!!!