Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 28, 2019

My Favourite Pair

Well it's a new day, a new week, and another snow storm to start it off.  Forecasting another 4-8 inches today depending how the system travels, plus we got 4 inches Saturday night.  But then again it is winter.  I don't mind the snow but it's the frigid temperatures that come with winter.  BRRRRR!!!

Well hopefully my card today will warm you up some, for those that are experiencing cold weather.  I'm using Power Poppy's latest digital image called My Favourite Pair.



After resizing the no-line version, I used my Polychromos and gamsol to colour.  This is the first time I've used a no-line and I really like how it turned out.

I die cut the frame in white, then did another one in a soft yellow.  I sponged some frayed burlap distress ink around the edges, then adhered it to the white frame. I also cut a floral border to run up along the side of the card.

I stamped the h.e.l.l.o sentiment in smokey gray versafine. I added some white gel pen dots to the mauve flowers, then added wink of stella clear pen to those.  Finished with some enamel dots.

Supplies:
Image - Power Poppy digital - My favourite pair, Penny Black - snippet sentiments
Ink - versafine smokey gray, distress frayed burlap, Polychromos pencils & gamsol
Paper - Cosmo Cricket - Fleuriste, bazzill yellow, white cougar 100 lb
Die - Memory Box - Fairytale Flower border, MFT Scallop Stitched rectangle scallop edge frame
Misc - enamel dots, white gel pen, wink of stella clear pen

Thank you for stopping by today.  Have yourself a fabulous day!

Pauline







4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Gasp! Oh, my word, Pauline! Your coloring of this digi is exquisite, and to think it's your first time with the no-line. Won't be your last probably 'cause you did such an amazing job and made it look so easy. Loving the look of those pencils and how smoothly they appear to blend. The warm and subdued colors you chose to work with for your card base are very appealing to me and work beautifully with the image. Really love the die cut border a LOT. I'm so happy I checked in before the day was done!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness your colouring is phenomenal! They look like real pears! Beautiful card! We have snow too today...The cats aren't impressed!

Stacy Morgan said...

turned out gorgeous!!! Your no line coloring is outstanding and the papers you used for color choice is awesome. Very rich and gorgeous. I say keep up the no line... Awesome

CherylQuilts said...

Pauline, I cannot believe this is your first time no-line coloring! It's exquisite, and what amazing colors you've used. The pears look like they are ready to eat! I can hardly wait to see your next no-line coloring card. You've mastered it the first time (no surprise there). Beautifully finished with the scalloped die, and I love the leaf die on the side and agree with Stacy that the DP is perfect! Everything is perfection!!! Sending warm, sunny hugs from South Florida. Hope it warms up soon! xoxo