Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 14, 2019

Va Va Valentine #1

Hello everyone.  I hope you had a good weekend.  It was busy all weekend, so never had a chance to make any cards - I always try to make at least one card on the weekend. Bill and I went out to find hawks and owls.  We did manage to find some hawks, but no owls yet! I'll share some pictures once I get them ready.

Since Valentines is only a month away, I pulled out some of my digital images from Power Poppy - Va Va Valentines to get some cards made up.

These images are so fast to colour, and love the humor/image. So fun.



I coloured them up with my newly received Christmas gift - Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils. Oh boy, they colour and blend wonderfully! I've been wanting a set of these for quite some time, as my prisma's are well used, old, and they keep breaking.

The rest is pretty straight forward, I will list all the supplies below.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today.  Have yourself a fabulous day!

Supplies:
Image - Power Poppy digital - Va Va Valentine
Die - MFT - Inside & out stitched round rectangle, Spellbinder - heart die, PTI - heart border, Memory Box - mini heart collection
Paper - MME - Stella Rose - Mabel papers, cougar white 110 lb
Misc - Polychromos pencils, enamel dots, wink of stella - for the hearts on the image

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Love the fantastic colors and papers on this for a Valentine! I think YOU'RE pretty grate! Such a cute digi set. I actually have this image colored and sitting since last year. Not sure why I didn't make it into a card. I really love the warm colors on this. You got Polychromos pencils and you're loving them? I've wondered about those and wanting to give them a try, but have the whole set of almost new Prismas. Maybe try just a few pencils to start. Did you use Gamsol? You've really got me intrigued. Good luck finding those owls!

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific stamp! And such a wonderful and unique card!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Don't you love this image, I do. Super fun! The papers are cool, the hearts in the corner I adore... Very fun and sweet valentine card.

CherylQuilts said...

Pauline, you could not have picked out a better set of papers for this card! I love them and still have some - haha! Hoarder, I am! What a fabulous card with stellar coloring, and I love how you've finished it with the beautiful and sweet elements and wonderful layout! Hugs and love! xoxo