Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, December 13, 2010

This & That and Bismark

Happy Monday!  How was everyone's weekend? Busy I'm sure, as was mine.
On saturday night we had our choir's potluck Christmas party.  Fabulous food and lots of laughter. Yesterday we had our Christmas Cantata at Church, it was wonderful.  We had 23 choir members.  It took many hours of practice but it was so worth it.

So lets get to today's card.  I share with you Bismark.






Bismark was stamped using black memento ink on bella's bestest paper, and colored with my prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. I based my colors on my background paper from SEI called winter song. This paper has glitter all over it, so pretty in real life.  I used by s/binder dies to cut out my layers, did some stitching around the image as well as around the dp paper.
Finished it up with some white flock on the hat and some glamour dust glitter on the scarf and bow.

And there you have it, he is cute eh?  Well this card already has a home, going out in the mail tomorrow.

Don't forget about our last bellariffic challenge for this year. We will be taking some time off over the holidays, then we will return to the challenge's on January 14/11.  This weeks sketch challenge is by Me!  Hope you can play along, if so please email Emily your card by thursday night.  Here is the sketch:

see you soon,

5 comments:

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

OH Pauline...... this card totally rocks.... a complete MASTERPIECE. From your fabulous colouring to all that glitter OMG.....

Ebru Vatansever said...

Super cute !!!! so pretty Pauline and awesome coloring on this little guy :o)

paula tracy williamson said...

He's toooo cute Pauline! Do you remember watching Linda color him last year...seems like yesterday. omg. Have you watched Dexter? I was not thrilled with the ending, all wrapped up and nothing of a cliffhanger. I am glad Lumen is going...we don't need her. lol

Anonymous said...

How cute is he? I know my daughter would love to find him under our tree this year ! Fab colouring as always ! ;)

Crafty Cath said...

Wonderful card! Love your shading - actually thought you had pulled out the copics. The colors are so bright and vivid...And how did you do the blue matting? Is it a punch, a die? It looks fabulous as a frame for your image. I'm a hoarder of the Winter Song paper myself. Drove all over town last year during the Christmas holiday hunting it down. Mom and I had a ball going into Michaels after Michaels. We might have bought a few more things along the way as well. Which I'm regretting right now as I pack it all up! Just finished my card for your sketch challenge. Loved it! (the sketch that is. Ok, I might love my card too. Can't wait to show you.)