Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, December 17, 2010

Last challenge of the year

Friday once again, which means another Bellariffic challenge - actually it's our last one of the year.  Yep, another year has come and gone - like where did that go?

This weeks challenge is a sketch. Now I know how much everyone likes sketches, so I made this one pretty easy for ya!  I hope you had a chance to play along.

I am using Penguin with Gift by Mo available in rubber at Stamping Bella! I loved this guy since the first time I saw him.  This is the first time I've had a chance to color him up.



As usual I stamped him on bellas' bestest paper and colored him up with my  prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol.  I layered him on some dk grey and green c/s and stitched around the edge. I did sponge around the edges with some aloe vera versamagic but doesn't seem to show up in the picture. The DP paper is from Fancy Pants called Tradition.  I love this paper (okay what papers don't I love?!!).  And did you notice the border punch I used? Yes, it has penguins on it, now how stinkin cute is that?  Of course, my sketch called for a sentiment, so I pulled out Merry Christmas - which fit perfectly into my slender oval s/binder die. To finish off the card I added glitter to him, and that's it!

I wish I would of made this card up a month or so ago, then I would of made a bunch of these to send out this year.  Oh well, maybe I'll do some over the winter for my stash next year - always gotta think ahead!

Well folks, that's it for the challenges this year. We will start up again, with our first challenge being January 14, 2011! Not sure what the challenge will be, but we will keep you posted.

If you would like to see what the other babes and peeps did for this challenge, hop on over to Bloggabella and have a peek.

Off to my sister's for our Christmas get-together tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone! till next time....

2 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

LOVE IT Pauline, you did an awesome job on this little guy.

Leslie said...

How cute is that?! LOVE the penguin punch - it's perfect!