Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yep, today's my birthday.  So in honor of this special day I thought I would make myself a birthday card! lol, plus I needed a card to post so killing two birds with one stone as the saying goes.  So do I feel any older? No! Do I feel any fatter? Yep! Too much food over the last week, and today I have a home made carrot cake with cream cheese icing, and this is not a WW friendly cake.

Okay, on with my card. I have loved this cute image ever since it was released but just never had a chance to color her up.  It's a Stamping Bella image called
Little Peeps Birthday Cake.






So what do you think, cute eh?  I stamped her on bella's bestest paper and colored her up with pencils, not my prismacolor pencils but my new Caran d'Ache pencils!! OMG I love them, the color choices you have and they color and blend so smoothly! So, back to the card - used my oval s/binder die to cut out the image as well as the scallop layer.  I left the die in place and sponged some spring pansy versamagic ink around the image, stitched around the oval, then layered this onto some pretty papers by Memory Box.  Of course, had to use a Martha Stewart border punch - vintage floral as well. To finish it off I used some glossy accents for the flame on the candles, pearls for the flowers and of course glitter.  And... did you notice my 'watermark'?  Pretty cool eh? no I didn't do it, my son Mark did it for me yesterday.

Well, that's it for me for today.  Think I will go for a much needed walk - the wind is  very cold, but the sun is shining so brightly.

Have a great day everyone.  Till next time....

9 comments:

LindaH said...

I just happened to pop in here and lookie what I see! Happy b'day sistah! I must say I had a good snort over the feeling fat comment! HAHAHAHA! I'll be there with ya tomorrow, right now, off to dry my hair.

Ebru Vatansever said...

Happy Birthday Pauline !!!! May your day be filled with joy and happiness.
Gorgeous card, love the colors.

Mary Frances said...

Happy Birthday Pauline!! I love your card. I'll have to case this idea on my birthday. Hope you had a wonderful day! Hugs xx

Christine L said...

Beautiful card.... and Happy Birthday for yesterday! xx

Leslie said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you!! I LOVE your card!!!!

Carla Murphy said...

Hope you had a great birthday. Love your card (and your watermark!!).

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Hope you had a great birthday.... Love your card.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pauline ! Super cute card and the layered layout is divine ! Got to love this time of year with all the baked goodies around. I had a cookie for breakfast the other day ! Lol! Whatever is left come the weekend are definitely going into the garbage ! Enjoy that walk! :) Tracy

Dana White said...

Pauline HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I was visiting my parents in BC & totally forgot to send you some wishes. I hope you had a great day!!