Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, December 10, 2010

Gift Card

It's friday again (woohoo!) which means another bellariffic friday challenge.  This weeks challenge was to make a gift or a gift card.  I chose the gift card.

For the image on my card I used Gifty Tree (how appropriate eh, just realized the name now as I'm typing this post - hehe!).


I colored up gifty tree using my pencils on
bella's bestest paper. Used an oval s/binder die to cut it out, left the die on and sponged some wheat versamagic ink around the image (doesn't show up very well in the picture). Next layered the image on some red c/s.  DP used is some new paper  from Echo Park called Merry Christmas. I thought I should have a sentiment on the front so I used Happy Holidays.

Finished it up with some glitter, ribbon, button and some clear glaze on the christmas balls.
For the inside of the card I adhered a piece of red scallop behind the green polka dot DP paper and glued to the inside of the card along 3 sides.
Then slipped my Tim Horton's gift card into the pocket.

Here is the inside of my card:

Next weeks challenge will be the last one for this year (wow- where did this year go?) we have another sketch for you. The sketch this time was done my ME! It's a pretty simple layout, so hope you can all play along.



Have a great weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Sweet card and I like the way you did the inside for the Timmy's card to fit - clever!

Dana White said...

This is really sweet - I don't have that image but now I must add it to my order! love how you decorated the inside for the gift card

Kim Teasdale said...

Too cute! I love the image (must put it on my list) and I love how you decorated the inside of your gift card holder to match the outside! Awesome!

Ebru Vatansever said...

This is such a wonderful giftcard holder. I to love this stamp, for sure a must have for the holidays. Have a super weekend !!!

LindaH said...

another one that slipped me by...love the big bold print...those ginormous scallops and the polkadot paper...perfect layout! (gonna use it!)