Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lulu's Ornaments

I have another Christmas card to share with you.  Now before I get into the deets on my card, I must say that my card today was inspired by this card Lindabella did.
I'm using Lulu's Ornaments which was released in last month.


I stamped the ornaments on bella's bestest paper using black memento ink. Colored it up with my prismacolor pencils.  After cutting it our with my s/binder square die I left it on and sponged some antique linen distress ink inside the die area.
I pulled out my Tim Holtz bracket die and cut a piece of brown c/s with it - which I used across the top of the ornaments.  DP paper is from a 6x6 pk of Basic Grey Jovial. I added some glitter to the ornaments as well as some clear glaze (using my glaze pen) on the center knots on the bows as well as the light green centers on the green ornaments.  Finishing touches - gold and turquoise ribbon, and a turquoise rhinestone.  So what do you think -  too much with the ornament paper- does it look too busy? I tried plain cardstock, but it was just too plain. Oh well, it's done and going in the mail this weekend.

Also, Emily surprised us with another release today.  This time 3 new Bella stamps.  You can check it out here. They are a must have!

And this friday's bellariffic challenge is  A GIFT/OR GIFT CARD. You still have time to email Emily your entry. Send it to her by tomorrow night, there is some bella bucks up for grabs.

Back on friday with my challenge card.  See you then!

3 comments:

Dana White said...

Pauline this is fabulous the paper is PERFECT!!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Great card Pauline.....How I love doing Christmas cards that have ornaments on them....the possibilities are endless ... gem, stickles, and glitter.......ahhhh

LindaH said...

just catching up on some of my fav blogs this morning and OMG...how did this one slip by me! it is stunning! and i love how you topped it off with the spellbinder edge...now why didn't i think of that for mom's card!