Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, December 6, 2010

Mojo Monday and a card

I don't usually play along with various sketch challenges that are out there, not because I don't like to but mostly because I don't have the time.  But tonight I needed to get some more Christmas cards done so I came across Verve's Mojo Monday and new it would work perfectly with what I had in mind.

My card today uses Stamping Bella's Snowman Circle.

Image was stamped on bella's bestest paper and colored with prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol.  I cut the image freehand just inside the black circle then layered him onto some pink, green and turquoise paper cut out with some s/binder dies. The DP paper is from last years Basic Grey line called Eskimo Kisses.
Next I stamped the sentiment Let it Snow using black memento ink, onto a piece of Eskimo Kisses.  Ribbon is from Papertrey - love the richness of this color.

Finishing touches - 3 turquoise rhinestones, glitter on the snowflakes and I applied some white flock to the ground area.

Okay, well that's it for this time, off to make another card.  See you soon.

8 comments:

paula tracy williamson said...

Awww, he is so pretty Pauline. I just went through a couple months of Linda's cards...so far behind in sending out my "love" to her. {hehe, you know what I was muttering!} I just saw this on Linda's blog...and I don't know if I own it. I love your ribbon too, such a pretty color to set it all off.
Also, dexter....omg we will have to talk in email. :)

Carole Campanile said...

Oh I just love everything about this card. The paper, that fabulous stamp and your coloring. You did a fantastic job of cutting that circle out freehand. Well done!!!

Carla Murphy said...

Wow Pauline - this is as sweet as can be.

Dana White said...

Too funny we used the same DS paper on the MOJO sketch! This is fabulous I love this snowman. Sounds like you got some snow your way?!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Very cute Pauline......great colours and your layout is fabulous.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Adorable snowman. I like your triple scalloped border around him and your choice of plaid paper.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just adorable. Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Leslie said...

LOVE this Pauline! Love everything about it - fantastic job!