Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, August 3, 2020

Brilliant Butterfly


Hello! I'm finally back, last week has been  busy but I did manage to work on some cards. I finally got around to taking pictures of them yesterday.

My card today is one of my favourites.  I'm using MFT Dandelion Greenery and Brilliant Butterlies, I'm in love with both sets.  Love the whimsical feeling to the butterflies, and there are a variety of shapes and sizes, and for the greenery, I"m just a sucker for such things, so basically anything nature related I love.




I started off by stamping the greenery using PTI  spring moss, simply chartreuse and a bit of hawaiian shores, then stamped a few times and filled in where needed.  I used the tiny floral stamp and stamped using first and second generation stamping here and there.

For the butterfly, I used my distress inks - I actually only used the ink that was on the daubers, so not quite sure of the exact colours, but if guessing I would think worn lipstick pick raspberry and mustard seed.  I then over stamped it with the black wing overlay. So pretty isn't it? Can you see that bit of script in the background?.  I used a Magenta Company script stamped, add some spring moss very lightly to the stamp then took a rag and removed some of the ink in places then stamped very lightly, I just wanted a very loosely stamped script for a bit of interest.

The sentiment I from Simon Says Stamps - Tiny words, stamped in black versafine (using my misti). To finish off I added some tiny bubblegum pearls and iridescent butterflies, both from Studio Katia. Also added some clear glitter using my Nuvo clear glitter pen to the coloured portion of the butterfly.

MFT stitched rectangle to cut out the image, and background paper is from Memory Box.

So glad you stopped by today.  I"m off today as this is Canada's Civic Holiday, I"m hoping to get a bit more stamping done.

Have yourself a fabulous day! 💗

Pauline


3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Pauline, while you may be a sucker for greenery, I am a sucker for this [or any] butterfly! OH and that fabulous scripty background!
What a beautiful way to say hello!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

This is everything I love -- greenery, flowers, and whimsy. I've been seeing these butterflies around Blogland and loving them so much. You've done such a beautiful job with the shading on the solid wings. I feel so happy looking at this. Ohhhh, the script and the pearls, and the layering! The butterfly has such movement because of the clever stamp set design. Really, really love this, Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

I've seen a lot of these butterflies fluttering around in blogland and this one loos so perfect amongst the lovely stamped foliage... The text really looks subtle. Have a wonderful week Pauline and be safe