Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, August 7, 2020

Sunflower Daisy day!

Can you believe it is  Friday already, boy does time fly! Good thing for me as I'm off for a nice 4 day weekend.

Today's card is using Altenew Sunflower Daisy stamp set and matching die. This is one of those multiple step stamping sets which I love.


I started by stenciling a background using Simon Says Stamps Square Dance stencil and Frayed Leaf Altenew ink.. I used MFT stitched rounded corner rectangle die to cut this out. I splattered the background by using my SU platter tool along with a Tombow marker.  Sentiment is from PTI and  was stamped using black versafine.

All the stamping of flowers and leaves were done using a variety of Altenew Inks, then everything was die cut.

I added a couple of strips of washi tape in behind my top layer, popped the top layer up with some craft foam, added the flowers and leafs,  some dollar store glittery rhinestones, and some Art Institute glitter for the centers of the daisy's. 

I appreciate you stopping by today, have yourself a wonderful weekend.  Hugs,

Pauline


5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Pauline, I was just thinking about getting this set out! [among my many Altenew faves!] Over the last few days, two other daisy sets have been introduced in the craft market - I just don't think anyone could outdo this beauty!
Your layering is absolutely perfect - and perfectly stunning!
Enjoy the long weekend!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, you got great depth with your layering! How could I not smile when I look at this? I love the background and the whole design of your card. You really do such beautiful work, Pauline, and I'm so glad to see it today, even though a day late. Name of my game, sheesh. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Pam Sparks said...

OH WOW! Beautiful indeed Pauline!

Ros Crawford said...

Another stunner my friend... Your flowers are beautiful and I love the background! The tiny glitter rhinestones are just perfect!

Stacy Morgan said...

Sunflowers are the thing for me right now and this is AWESOME! I like that they are die cut out as well, this sketch is one I need to use. Charming and makes you smile!