Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Bontanical Notes

 I'm back today to share a card I did a few weeks ago.  I'm using Penny Black's Bontancial Notes. I've had this stamp for a while I think it's 3-4 yrs old, maybe older. I found this already stamped off in my basket waiting to be coloured.



I used copic markers to colour, then cut it out using Spellbinders Square die. I then sponged some distress ink around the edges.  I looks really green in the photo but in real it's not that vibrant.  Layered this onto some star dream yellow/gold paper (love the shimmer of this star dream c/s).  I then layered it onto some dark purple star dream c/s, then on to my card base.

For finishing touches I added some shimmer to the butterfly using my Nuvo clear glitter pen, and then I added some Prills to the center of the flower.

That's it for me for today.  Thanks for stopping, have a wonderful day!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word. I'm happy to be taking a closer look at this beauty after seeing it on IG. Wow! How gorgeous! Beautiful stamp and your coloring of it is beyond beyond. It reminds me of some of the old PSX stamps, but bigger and so much nicer for coloring. I love the colors you chose for it, too. Ohhhh, that butterfly. You know I'm butterfly coloring challenged. Always have been. If I don't know precisely what kind of butterfly it is I'm afraid to color it. I need to get over that and just color, right? Love the Prills and your sponging around the edges. Every inch of this is just breathtaking!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgeous!!! I love every element of this, the beautifully coloured flowers, the butterfly and the text... It's amazing! Those teeny tiny Prills are the icing on the cake! Have a beautiful weekend and just relax!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! I have a few of these that are older and I just can't get rid of they are wonderful blooms. The black matting really brings the colors to life. Gorgeous card.