Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, August 28, 2020

Dear Friend

Well here we are at the end of another week! It's hard to believe next week is September. It's a raining day here to day, been raining most of the night. 

For my card today I'm using a stamp from  Penny Black  - At Grace.



I started by putting my stamp in my Misti, adding distress oxide inks directly to the rubber using a finger dauber, this way you get into those time spots.  I stamped it and didn't like it, so I inked it up again, and this time I stamped it off lightly onto a piece of copy paper, then added a new piece of white c/s back into my Misti and stamped, and it was perfect.  the first time it was too dark, but second impression just perfect.  I then added details but using fabre castell polychromos pencils. Love it!

I stamped the Dear Friend using black versafine.  This is from Ink to Paper (Papertrey Ink) Framing Floral set.  Love the big font and the two different scrips.

Trimmed the image to be a bit narrower, then  added a thin layer of black cardstock down the right and thin added some designer paper along the edge.  

Finished up with some twine and some pearls from Studio Katia . I added a bit of glitter to the flowers as well.

Well that's it for me folks.  Thank you for stopping by today, and have yourself a fantastic weekend! Hugs to all,

Pauline

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is stunningly beautiful... Those flowers are breathtaking! I am so lucky to have one of your beauties sitting on the shelf above me. Have a wonderful weekend

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word! You are the BEST with these Penny Black stamps. I'm amazed that you did this with one application of color plus a bit of Polychromos. So much richness of color after a stamping off. How perfect the color is with your border of DP, too. I have to say it -- WOW!!

Stacy Morgan said...

These blooms look wonderful. I like the added twine and your colors are beautiful. Pauline this is just beautiful!