Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, July 24, 2020

Hello


A few weeks ago we took a drive to London (ON) and I stopped at my favourite stamp store - Stamp Art. If you live in the area and looking for a great stamp store, this is it.  Nancy carries a wide variety of many companies and will be glad to order something for you if you don't see it in her store.  I literally could spend a couple of hours in her store, just so much to see and she is always very helpful at showing you 'what's new'.

So with the 'what's new', one of the many things  I came home with was this beautiful die from Studio Light. I went through some of my backgrounds I made and came across this vibrant one. 



I think I used distress oxide sprays onto some watercolour paper.  I cut it using an MFT scallop die, cut out the floral from white c/s twice and glued together.  I also cut a 'hello' from black c/s twice and layered.  The hello die is from creative expressions.

To finish off I added some sequins and pearls and used my Nuvo clear glitter pen for sparkle on the flowers.

I love that dies make the card making process much quicker.  What did we ever do before dies were available??

Thanks for stopping in today.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, the die is fantastic and even better against your beautiful and interesting background! I miss our paper craft store so much! My friend and I would have lunch and then spend the rest of the afternoon at the shop. Easily 2 or more hours just browsing and laughing and visiting with the owners. After shopping we'd stop for a smoothie and look at our bags full of goodies. We'd each go home with LOTS! Those were the days. Now it's all online. Sigh, sorry for digressing, but you brought back such fond memories with your gorgeous card!

Ros Crawford said...

We don't have any craft stores other than the hobby shop which isn't local either. As it is I have far too much which never gets used now anyway. I have to say I love the die you chose... Your background is beautiful and just perfect for the lovely flowers. Hope you are well - Enjoy your week my friend

Swankety Swank said...

Loved reading this thank youu