Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, July 20, 2020

From the archives


Hello everyone, hope you had an enjoyable weekend!  Yesterday we got some much need rain (thunder showers) to give some relief from this terrible heat wave we've been having. It will still be in the mid 90's for most of this coming week, and then back up to about 110 on Saturday!

After reading Leslie Miller's post a few weeks back about UFO (unfinished objects), I decided to take a look in my basket to see what I had and if there was anything I could salvage.  Low and behold I came across this embossed Thistle.  You will never guess how long I have had this? Are you ready? I'm going to say at least 10 yrs! Back in 2009 or 2010 our local stamp store had Fred B Mullet come teach us a class.  We did fish, leaves, flowers just to name a few.  Looks like I had embossed this with a couple of different embossing powders but that was as far as I got with it.

So pulled out some papers and put it all together.


I dusted the edges around the thistles with some antique linen just to soften the white down somewhat.The card base and the frame around the thistles is a deep purple/gold metallic cardstock. It is a very rich colour.  Designer paper is from Memory Box. 

To finish I added some coloured pearls.

I appreciate you stopping by today.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline






3 comments:

Jeanne H said...

A lovely card; great colors. tfs

Leslie Miller said...

Pauline, what a gorgeous piece! I cannot believe 10 years passed before you made this into a card... no, wait... I CAN believe it considering how fast the years fly by. It's amazing, and you have the perfect designer paper to back it up. I'm glad I could pass along the inspiration that I picked up from someone else and I hope you have more gorgeousness like this in your UFO box! I imagine the thunderstorm added more humidity to your unbearable temps. I feel for you.

Ros Crawford said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for thinking of me - sorry I've been MIA. What a delightful card and that image is 10 years old? Wow1 It's beautiful!