Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Watercoloured Hydrangea


Don't you find this summer is flying by, I mean here we are already in the middle of July! Maybe it's  because I'm super busy with a new job I started at work end of June.  Lots of long days, so much to learn, but I love it. Change is always good! Still working from home which I really don't mind, I just miss seeing everyone, although we can still chat through Skype and Microsoft Team - technology is a wonderful thing!

Any way, lets get on with my card.  I had this coloured almost a month now, so thought  I best share it with you.

This is a Paint-a-flower from Altenew, it's a monthly club stamp set.  Price is great and you can opt out of a month if it something you really don't want which is always nice.

To start I white embossed the hydrangea onto  some Canson 140lb water colour paper.  I then pulled out my Altenew Brush Markers - spring garden set and watercoloured away. I covered the hydrangea once done and splattered some blue and purple inks.





I kind of visioned another layout but in the end this is what I ended up with!  I used some Papertrey Ink paper for the bottom part, added some silk ribbon  and some tiny colour pearls to finish this off.  Also added Nuvo clear glitter pen to the hydrangea for some shimmer.

Thanks for stopping by, have a fabulous day!

Pauline

2 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats on your new job... I'm glad you are happy. Beautifully painted hydrangea my friend... You talents know no bounds...

Leslie Miller said...

Now, that sounds like a fun idea -- paint a flower club. Hmmm... I'll have to check that out. This is the most beautiful thing, Pauline. You got the colors exactly perfect for a hydrangea and did a most amazing job with the watercoloring. Soft and dreamy with the white embossing. You know I love it, even though I'm running so behind with my blog visiting. I'm afraid that's how the whole rest of the summer will be for me. No, I cannot believe July is half over. It distresses me. I'm glad you're loving your new job. I agree that change is good. Keeps things interesting!