Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, July 6, 2020

Colourful pinwheels


Hello everyone and Happy Monday! Hope you had a good weekend.  It has been so hot here in SW Ontario, ( as a matter of fact for most of Ontario)  and looks like it will continue into next week.  As much as I love to be outdoors, the heat is just unbearable with the humidex making it feel over 100F.  So what better place to be but in my craft room!

For my card today, I'm using stamps, stencils and dies from The Greetery, The Pinwheel Party Stencils, Pinwheels Party Die, and Birthday Blooms stamps set.




I started with the stencils.  There are 4 stencils to this set, Set A - has 2 stencils and Set B has two stencils along with three individual single stencils varying in size from large, med, and small.

I used distress oxide inks, and I didn't keep track, just too many inks and I just played and had fun.  I created a couple of backgrounds and then I die cut several of each size and used the stencils to colour.  I have lots of extras for future cards.

Once I created my pinwheels using both Set A & B stencils, Betsy has also created a stencil to cover your pinwheels so you can add some ink blending below the stenciled pinwheels - you can see where I added the blue ink. 

I die cut the background shadow fro white c/s  for the "YOU", and then I stamped the "YOU using black versafine ink.  I lined up very carefully the 'let's celebrate' and also stamped with black versafine. 

I cut the streamers and ink blended using oxide inks. I also stamped some little stars here and there using oxide fossilized amber.

I then put all the layers together, popping up two of the single pinwheels for dimension. 

Then the fun part, I added bling and lots of it, I mean how could you not, it's a celebration! I also added some wink of stella for some shimmer.

This was a lot of fun making this.  Just love those pinwheels.  I can't wait to try a Christmas card using some holiday colours!

I am also entering this into the Inspired by Challenge

So glad you stopped by today.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Such a wonderful party you've created, Pauline! I've been waiting for someone to use this set for the current Inspired By Challenge - might be you!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Fabulously festive too. So happy you joined us at IB this week!

Ros Crawford said...

I feel for you with that heat... We've had rain, rain and more rain. Still I prefer that to high temps. Your card is beautiful! Its a celebration of colour and I love those cute streamers! Take care my friend

Stacy Morgan said...

this is cheerful and colorful. Would make anyone feel special.

Danni Reid said...

LOVE your summer party card, this is so perfect for the inspiration. Love all your masking and layering too, beautiful! Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB! Congratulations too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my wow! This is the cutest, most fun and happy card! Brilliant combination of stamps, stencils, and dies. What an eye you have for putting this all together. Love your color choices and every little detail. The stars sprinkled throughout are just the icing on the cake, so to speak. Fantastic, Pauline!