Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, July 10, 2020

Sunrise


Well it's going to be another scorcher of a day.  It's been hot and dry here you would think we were living in the desert! This past week temperatures felt like 40C (104F), with no end over the next couple of weeks, other than Monday it's suppose to drop down to 32C (90) but that's it. 

June was a busy month for the need of masculine birthday cards.  Today I have one to share with you.

I'm using a stamp from Magenta.  There is no name on the package, sorry.  I stamped this onto some water colour canson 140lb  paper using black ink.  I then sponged on some distress oxide inks.





Trimmed the image down slightly to fit behind my black frame cut from MFT stitched square frames.  The blades of grass are from Impression Obsession, cut from green c/s, then sponged a bit of green ink.

Paper is from MME - dilly dally.   Added a sentiment and a couple of enamel dots.

An after thought, I think next time I would use white c/s rather than water colour.  It was hard to get a really good impression of the crane as the paper has a bit of texture to it.

Well that's it for me today.  Have a wonderful weekend.  Keep well, stay cool!

Hugs,
Pauline

3 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Holy cow that is a scorcher of a day. We had high of 96 for a few days again. Better than the 100 we usually get. This is a great scene and the variance of colors is wonderful. Very pretty.

Leslie Miller said...

Gorgeous, Pauline! I have a similar Magenta stamp and love it, but had to stamp a bazillion times on WC paper. That's okay... your card turned out exquisite. You know I love all nature-themed stamps and cards. Really beautiful colors and design. I'm sorry about your wickedly hot temps. We finally got away for a few days camping and the weather was absolutely perfect.

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning scene Pauline!! I love this. The colours are amazing and so serene. Sorry you are experiencing such high temps... You had a long cold winter too... Crazy weather. Be well!