Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, February 25, 2019

Masculine Birthday

As I'm writing this  (Sunday night for Monday morning posting), we are experiencing the worst wind ever!  With gusts up to 90KM - (110 KM at noon -between 50 - 60 MPH).  Overnight it still is pushing gusts of 75KM/hr - not sure how much sleep I will get as it is coming from the southwest and that is my bedroom side.  Might have to put the ear plugs in!  We have 34 yr old Cedars in the back yard which are about 30ft tall and with this wind they are swaying and bending, I just hope we don't loose any. I also saw on the weather channel that the winds are so strong on Lake Erie it is actually move chunks of ice off the shore and up onto the roads.

This is the weather alert for our area:
Summary
Major wind storm across the regions.

Very strong southwest winds with frequent gusts of 100 to 110 km/h will continue in the wake of a sharp arctic cold front blasting across the region.

Higher wind gusts of 120 km/h are possible long the shores of the Great Lakes.

The damaging winds will continue tonight, then will gradually start to diminish early Monday morning

Power outages, damage to trees and structures are being reported across the regions.

Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.

--------------

Well enough of that, lets get to my card shall we.  My card today is one I did a couple of weeks ago. Yes another masculine card!  It all started out by me playing around with some spray inks.  These inks are by Stampzia - colour wash jewels.  I've had these for about 10 years.  I picked them up at one of the Heirloom scrapbook shows over in Detroit, and actually Stamp Zia came to Chatham.  My friend contacted her and she was willing to come the day before the show and do a class for us.  We had about 12 people or so, and we worked with her stencils and sprays. It was awesome!


The molted looking background is the spray background.  Her sprays are very rich in colours, I used three or four colours on this.  I don't remember the exact colours.  So after I did this it sat on my desk for a bout a week as I was trying to figure what to do with it.  I pulled out some TH sizzix flower/stem dies as well as a set from Concord  & 9th called layering leaves.  I cut them from metallic papers.  I tried a couple of different colours of blue for the frame, but settled on this PTI ocean tides.

For the blue background I stamped MFT wood grain using the same ink as the cardstock.  I'm not sure of the colour I used as I seem to have used my last piece for this card. Hmmm darn!

I stamped a happy birthday and embossed in white on a strip of black c/s. To finish off I added a brass/copper coloured metallic dot.

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day!

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! I sure hope everything's okay at your house! It's been some fierce winter, hasn't it? Our son lives about 3 hrs north of us and they were hit with a surprise snow storm overnight. Nobody knew it was coming, I guess. 9.5 ft overnight, which is rather unusual. We actually had a rather nice day here, even though they originally forecast rain all week. Just can't be sure of the weather lately. Anyway, I'm glad to see your card today. You have a gift for making beautiful masculine cards. This is every bit as appealing to me as any feminine card. Really awesome background!

Ros Crawford said...

This is stunning Pauline... I love everything about it and that BG wow! It goes perfectly with the card base and the die cuts are just beautiful! Awful about the weather ... I'm catching up so I will check you next post to see all is okay with you.