Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, February 21, 2019

A new little someone

In between doing cards for another card order which is mainly Sympathy cards, I decided to change it up and bit and do a baby card. 



Since I already had a baby girl card in my stash basket I decided to do a baby boy card.  I die cut the elephant then layered it onto some vellum and then kraft c/s.  Paper is from Echo Park -Bundle of Joy.  I stamped the sentiment in rich cocoa memento ink, then added a couple of enamel hearts.

The elephant did not have an 'eye', so I pulled out my tiny hole punch and since I have not emptied the punch in a while I was able to find a pre-punched black dot.  I also added a pop dot behind the ear to lift it up a bit.

Finished off with some ribbon and lace.  I will list the supplies I used below.

Have a fabulous day!

Pauline

Supplies:
Paper - Echo Park - Bundle of Joy, PTI Kraft, Cougar white, PTI polka dot vellum
Ink - Memento - rich cocoa
Dies - Memory Box - stitched elephant, PTI - Tag sale #4, Simon Says - stitched circles
Stamps - PTI - baby button bits for the sentiment
Misc - PTI - aqua mist ribbon, lace, enamel hearts (doodlebug)

5 comments:

Darnell said...

This is darling, Pauline! I love the minty colors, pp, and great border treatment for your sediment! Great job finding a black hole for the eye in the punch catch all!! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Baby cards steal my heart every time! This is just way too adorable, Pauline, and a good idea to have in your stash. For the card order I recently finished she wanted two baby cards -- boy and girl -- and needed those in December. Luckily I had one of each already made. Gee, now I'm thinking I need to replenish. Not a chore at all! LOVE the paper on this, and that darling ellie and ribbon and trim. I, too, occasionally go to my hole punches to find those little dots. Ack, the little hearts are too cute, as well. I just love everything about this!

ChristineCreations said...

EEE! Precious! I just love baby cards Pauline, yours is so well composed right down to that pretty satin ribbon!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the paper and the little elephant is so cute... Love how you matched the ear to the BG and a beautiful ribbon the finish too!

Stacy Morgan said...

What an adorable elephant, perfect for a baby card. I like the sketch you used, the papers and over all adorable baby card.
On a side note, the deer you changed the picture on the top of your blog is beautiful. what an awesome picture, you took that or your hubby I presume? Very cool and majestic picture. :-)