Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, February 18, 2019

Birthday Balloons

Good morning.  Hope your weekend was good.  On Saturday was my grandson's 12th birthday, so of course I made him a card, and at least this year I remembered to take a picture.

I really don't have a lot of stamps that focuses on kids but balloons are always good right? With some stamping, die-cutting this is what I came up with.


Once I die cut the balloons and stamped on top of them, I sponged ink in the coordinating colours on my background where the balloons would go.  I then placed the balloons where I wanted them and then stamped the string. I really like the birthday stamp set as it has 4 different string sentiments. I then stamps some stars around and then popped the balloons up over the string.  I double popped the middle balloon as I wanted that one center focused.

Stamped the sentiment with versamark and white embossed onto some black c/s.  I then took a fish
tale banner die and cut it out, then popped this up as well. For the background orange paper and dry embossed a Memory Box die onto it called - All Star Detail Plate. You can't see much of it, but it adds some detail to it rather than have plain c/s.

To finish I added some enamel dots, an enamel heart (just love this little heart), cut a # 12 out of orange c/s and then used my wink of stella clear pen for a bit of sparkle on the star balloon.

In hind sight I should of make a couple of these cards at the same time.  Always good to have a few extra of these types of cards!

I appreciate your visit today, wishing you a happy day!

(When we went to bed last night it was snowing and it is still snowing this morning! Looks like we need to do some shoveling today - it's Family Day in parts of Canada so we have today off!)

Pauline

Supplies:
Stamps - PTI - Birthday Strings, 
Die - PTI birthday balloons, Mix & Max Confetti Die, Tim Holtz - typeset, Memory Box - All Star Detail plate
Paper - white, black & orange
Ink - PTI - orange zest, tropical teal, green parakeet, harvest gold, kraft, Black versafine, Versamark
Misc - white eb powder, enamel dots, wink of stella clear pen

4 comments:

Alina said...

I love everything about this card, Pauline! gorgeous colours!
your cards are absolutely beautiful, my compliments!
and thank you for your lovely comment!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, this is super cute for your 12 yr old grandson! I love it so much you could send it to me (but you are not allowed to put my age on it, tee hee). The little heart and the patterns on the balloons are a fun party look, and I've always adored the scalloped die you used. You aced it, Pauline! Love your new header, too. Beautiful photo! We had two days of sun, but it clouded up this evening. Glad you had the day off, but be careful driving tomorrow!

Ros Crawford said...

You can't go wrong with balloons and this is such a stunning card Pauline!I love everything about it and especially the string sentiment! I bet your grandson loved it too!

Stacy Morgan said...

I am glad you took a picture as well, this is super fun! I bet he loved it. Very colorful, fun balloons and layout. I just might need to case this idea for graduation cards. hee hee