Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Dad's Day

Happy Friday Peeps! Today brings us to another bellarific friday challenge.
This week's theme was colours - Navy, Kraft and Green.

So with Father's Day right around the corner,  I pulled out Baseball Peep - another cute image from Stamping Bella's latest release.

I began my card by stamping Baseball Peep onto bella's bestest paper and coloured it up using prismacolour pencils.  I never think to do paper piecing until after I have coloured an image, but I was ahead of myself this time around and decided to paper piece the bat.  I knew I had some scrap pieces of wood grain paper, so stamped the bat onto that and cut it out and viola!  Easy peasy! I then cut out the image, sponged some distress broken china and stormy sky inks around the image, then stitched it onto some kraft and navy cardstock.

The DP is by Basic Grey - Oliver.  Since I was making this a Father's Day card, I pulled out this sentiment, stamped it using black versafine and punched it out using a 1" circle punch, and layered it on a 1 1/4" kraft circle.
Finished it off with some stitching, scallop border and some bella dots. Pretty darn cute card don't you think?

To see more wonderful creations for this weeks challenge, hop over to Bloggabella to check it out.

For next week's bellarific challenge in honor of  Father's Day is masculine cards. So how about making a card for that special 'guy' in your life - hubby, dad, brother, grandfather. There is some bella bucks up for grabs ladies, so be sure to email Emily your card by thursday night.

Have a wonderful weekend.  May the sun shine warmly on your face! :)

Pauline

6 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

Hey were you and Linda trading notes, hehehe !! Love it, Love it he is absolutely perfect and the bella dots finished it off nicely.

Tammy Hershberger said...

TOOOOO cute, Pauline! LOVE the woodgrain on the bat, and that cluster of Bella Dots looks fabulous!

Jessica Diedrich said...

SUCH a cute cluster of dots and the paper piecing is fab!

Dana White said...

Pauline I LOVE this!! Brilliant paper piecing the bat my friend. Try and stay dry this weekend

Crafty Cath said...

Yup - pretty darn cute! I love your wooden bat and the blue plaid - perfect for a boy!

Leslie said...

How did I miss this last week?! It's fantastic...I LOVE the bat and I love those Bella dots even more!!