Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Congrats Graduate!

So what did you think of the Stamping Bella's release on Monday? Pretty awesome don't you think.  I loved every stamp so bought them all! If you haven't seen them yet, you can check it out here

It's hard to believe but it is almost that time of year again, when the school year is coming to an end, and many are graduating. So in honour of all those grads, I thought I would make a card.

To share with you today I have Diplomabella.


Well you know the routine, I stamped it on bella's bestest paper using
black memento ink.  I then coloured her up using prismacolor pencils and blended out with gamsol.
I used the oval s/binder die to cut her out and then sponged some wheat versamagic around her while leaving the die in place. The black layer underneath her was cut using s/binder labels #10. The black border on the left side is cut from the Floral Doily accent s/binder set, the black scroll accents are from the Parisian Accents s/binder set.  DP is Cosmo Cricket - Circa 1934 6 x 6 pad.
Finished up with some glitter on the flowers, stitching and gold flat pearls.

Just a reminder about our challenge this friday. The theme is to use
KRAFT cardstock on your card.  Email your submission to Emily by thursday night - some bella bucks are up for grabs.

Thanks for dropping by,

Pauline

5 comments:

Dana White said...

This is fabulous - I love the accent pieces in black; I think I need some new spellbinders!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

SO darling! I love the border, too! Beautiful coloring and what a great time of year for Grad bella!

Ebru Vatansever said...

I agree with Dana, gotta get my hands on those Nesties. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. Well, the coloring speaks for itself, superb !!

Kerri said...

nice job..love the colors..thks for sharing

Crafty Cath said...

Wow - Pauline this card really catches the eye. Black is so hard to color but you make it look like a piece of cake! I went hunting for this stamp today but drat - I don't have it. Paula stamped it for me last year but I used it last year to make my nieces card. There's always another order.