Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Lucky you

I'm back today to share a couple of St. Patrick day cards I made for a card order.

I made both the same, just changed up the sentiment and the direction of the leprechaun.

The Leprechaun is a die cut from Simon Says Stamps.  When I bought this it looked really easy to put together, well I tell you this was my 4th & 5th attempt.  There is a base die along with the die for all the pieces.  I cut the base, then as I cut the pieces and glued them onto the base and always found that there was a gap when I got up to the hat, ( as I was starting from the bottom).  I finally figured it out, hence the 2 you see below.



For the shamrocks - this is also a stencil from SSS. I started by sponging some distress oxide inks - lucky clover, rustic wilderness and twisted citron. I then left the stencil in place and then added Nuvo clear shimmer paste.

It didn't take very long to dry. I then cut it out with a MFT stitched rectangle die, then layered it onto some PTI - New Leaf c/s.


The sentiment strips are from SSS.  I just trimmed them down to fit the card, also added a couple more pieces of cardstock behind each strip for some dimension.  

I used a white gel pen to add some accents to the Leprechaun.

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by today.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline






2 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oooh! Those sparkly shamrocks looks beautiful! The little guy looks really happy nestled in them. Beautifully done my friend! You are a wizard with the white gel pen... Hope all is well with you and I'm happy to hear that's it's warming up for you... stay well

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh! So cute and I'm absolutely thrilled to see them today! I shy away from dies with small parts, but you worked this one beautifully, even if you did need a couple of tries. Love the stencil, too. Color me a fan of green. Also, your cards have sealed the deal -- Nuvo clear shimmer paste is going on my next order... wherever and whenever that might be. I'm currently on a shopping hold as I won't have much crafty time for a while. Lovely to see you, Pauline!