Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Airbrushed flowers

 I'm back with a second post this week, which has not been my norm lately, but I made a couple of cards on the weekend, so this is the second one I made.

Using Altenew's Airbrushed Flowers set and matching dies.

Inks used are from the Altenew sets Nature's Wonders and Sugarplums. This set is a multiply layer set, which I just love doing.  Step by step instructions with each makes stamping so much easier.  Once stamping was done I cut it out with matching dies.




It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do for the background.  Most of my papers were either too busy of a pattern, or not the right shade of purple/plum.  So I decided to go white.  I used the Pinkfresh Studio die  called Diagonal Stitched Plaid which only cuts the plaid marks, and then I also used the oval frame which is called Francy Oval Frame also by PFS.  I cut 2 of the frames and glued them together.

I arranged the florals around the frame, tucking the leaves underneath, and adding some foam squares under the flower petals in spots as well as the top and bottom leaves.  

Using Nuvo glitter gloss pen to add some sparkle to the centers of the flowers, then added some Studio Katia Icy Sparkle crystals.

I was going to add a sentiment, but decided not to.  This way I can use it for anything, either add a sentiment at that time, or just on the inside.

That's it for me this week.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone, see you back here next week.  Keep well!

Pauline


2 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I always sigh when I see your beautiful cards... This is another that is breathtaking and I love the design... The softness of those petals is gorgeous. Have a beautiful day my friend

Leslie Miller said...

These are some of the most amazing layered flowers I've seen! Beautiful arrangement on the white background. Love the texture from the plaid die and the sweet oval frame. Those sparkly crystals are pretty fabulous, too. Sorry I'm so late... home improvement/remodel projects, among other regular life things. Finally looked at my Feedly and, wow, I'm sure glad I did!