Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, February 22, 2021

Peaceful Florals

Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well.

Today's card is one that I don't need, but always good to have on hand.  I'm using a stamp set from Gina K, called Peaceful Florals.  I had thoughts of water colouring this image, but changed my mind and decided to use my Polychromos pencils and a bit of gamsol for blending.




Since I always tend to go with pink or purple flowers, I decided to go with a yellow/orange this time around.  Once coloured I sponged a bit of light yellow from Altenew, but as you can see I have a bit of a pinky/orange glow, so I think my brush with the yellow ink picked up some of the orange from the pencil colouring, which I really don't mind at all.

To finish I cut it out using a MFT scallop rectangle die.  Sentiment is from a set from Simon Says Stamps.  Now it looks crooked, but I tell you when it was flat and I used my Misti to line up and stamp it was perfectly straight.  Maybe it's the way the script is written.  But it's stamped now, so gotta go with it!

I added some Pretty Pink Post diamond rainbow rhinestones.  For my card base I used a piece from my scrap bin, but I think it might be baked brown sugar from SU.

I appreciate you stopping by. Have a fabulous day!

Pauline

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Your pencil coloring is enviable, Pauline, and I love the orange tones! The warm glow is ideal with the flowers, and the glossy translucent dots accent your card beautifully. I can see the sentiment is straight, but it's one of those scripty things that can fool the eye. I promise, it's straight! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful and inspiring card today. It's a treat to see your coloring!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's beautiful Pauline!! The colours are amazing and I love the shadowing... Glad you don't need to use this though... I hope you are staying warm ...