Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, February 12, 2021

Spellbinders Valentine cards

Happy Friday! I have a couple more Valentine cards to share today.  Both cards are using the Spellbinders  small, large and glimmer kits of the month for January.

My first card (although it looks crooked, but it's not in real life, must of been the angle of my camera) is using the larger die of the month.  I cut it from gold mirror cardstock and cut off the ends on each side (this die is a slimline size).  I used my glimmer hot foiling machine and dies for the sentiment and the heart in the center.

The set also comes with some flower and leaf dies, which I cut form green and pink cardstock, sponged some distress inks on them for added interest.  Behind the gold centerpiece I adhered some vellum, it gives it that frosty look.  For my card base I used my score buddy and added score lines.

To finish off I added some small gold pearls.


For my second card, non traditional Valentine colours - a request from my co-worker for his girlfriend who's favourite colour is purple.

Again, I used the small die of the month for this one.  I cut the outer frame from white, and the inner frame for purple and also from silver mirror c/s.  I adhered the purple to the silver just offset just a pinch. Used my hot glimmer machine for the foiling on the sentiment and the center heart. Die cut some flowers and greenery and added to the bottom corner. 

To finish off I added some pearls and rhinestones from Studio Katia.



Well that's it for me for today.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's day on Sunday.  We are still in lock down here until the 16th.  Still very cold,  looks like it will continue into next week.  How many more days till spring? !!

Oh I was so surprised yesterday, as I was working away in my craft room (that's where I have my work station set up for work) I was looking out my window and saw a different bird.  It was a Common Redpoll.  We have never seen one in our backyard, they never seem to be this far south in Ontario.  Grabbed my camera did a quick picture from the back door before he flew off.  Such a pretty bird.  Anyway just had to share that with you.

Take care, see you back here next week.  

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You have the prettiest dies! I have to quit looking because they're running me out of my craft room. Your first card is very sweet and cute. Love the gold heart panel and scored background. Pretty little flowers and gold pearls. Lots of Valentine elegance on your second card. That outer frame, sigh... thinking how pretty that could be with painted flowers. Stop me! I do have other pretty frames. Both cards are just so lovely! Brrrr for your weather! Just think, it's probably colder where the Common Redpoll came from. I had to look it up. Sweet little bird. I hope your picture came out!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh they are so elegant and so pretty Pauline... The little touches you add are always just perfect!
Wouldn't it be wonderful if the cold killed off this virus? Most of us would be safe by now! Stay safe and warm. I'm feeding the birds a few times a day and we have a jay visiting regularly which doesn't normally happen - I guess they are all hungry. Sending warm hugs your way...