Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, February 8, 2021

Potted Passion

 Helle everyone, and Happy Monday! Very cold temperatures here all weekend and right through into next weekend. The wind is so brutal it is suppose to be around -21C today with the wind chill.. Can't wait for Spring to arrive.

Today's I'm sharing  a Valentines card.  The stamp set I'm using is from Penny Black - Potted Passion.  I bought this last year, had it coloured up but just never made it to a card.

Going through to see what I had in my partially done bucket, I pulled the potted blooms out and I also found the die cut behind it as well.  



Went through some of my 6x6 paper packs looking for the right background.  I ended up using this piece from Prima Marketing - Apricot Honey.  I thought the grayish colour went well with the planter.  I sponged some distress oxide worn lipstick just in the center of the die cut for a bit of colour behind the floral once I popped it up.

I die cut the work 'love' 3x's from black card stock, this is also from Penny Black. Card base is a deep red, although it kind of looks like a rusty colour in the picture.

To finish off I added some Studio Katia winterberry pearls, Nuvo glitter gloss to the heart flowers, also used my white pen and added some dots to the flowers, and lastly added a Nuvo crystal heart just above the word love. I sent this off to my sister, I wasn't going to post this until she received it, but I don't think she reads my blog.

Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate it when you do.  Keep well everyone.

Pauline


2 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

-21!!! OMG! I can't even begin to imagine, I'm freezing here and it's 2C, even my fingers don't want to work and I'm indoors!
As always your creative talent is inspiring... This card is gorgeous and that pot looks so real! Your sister is going to love it! Stay safe and warm my friend, thinking of you

Leslie Miller said...

Ahhh, a delight for my eyes today! Your stamp and die cut were a match made in heaven, and just sitting there in the bucket waiting to be put together. Love that! Perfect background paper and card base to enhance, but not compete with your pretty creation. Really love that bucket of flowers! I can't even imagine your cold temps. Brutal! We're sissies here on the southern Oregon coast. Sorry it took me so long to get here. I'm slow at everything with this trigger finger.