Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Spring Wishes

Here we are in the middle of March already, which means spring weather will be upon us shortly.  We had a few nice days last week, around in the upper 50's, but yesterday, it was bitterly cold.  Chance of rain/snow mix for today, but next week looks to be around 50 for Monday and Tuesday. Bring on the spring!

With that said, I have a lovely floral card to share today.  All products are from PinkFresh Studio. I used the Daisy Wreath Stencil  and matching die, as well as the A2 Diamond Plaid stencil and Stitches die (which only cuts the stitching lines).



To start I placed my white cardstock onto my Wendy Vecchi make art station, and then added the stencils as required.  This is a 4 step process.  They are so easy to use, and so easy to line up.  Grid marks on embedded right into the stencils for an A2 size, so as long as you have your cardstock within the 4 corner marks, everything lines up.  I used distress oxide inks for this card.  Once inked, I used the matching die to cut it out. I cut a piece of vellum to go behind the image so I could emboss my sentiment.  Sentiment is from PTI Spring Hills which I embossed in gold.

I cut the white piece behind the flowers using the Stitches die, and then trimmed it down.

Stenciling with the diamond plaid was done on the layer behind again with distress oxide ink.

To finish off I added  Tim Holtz rock candy glitter to the center of the flowers, and then 3 coloured pearls.

I have a few more cards in the works using some new products from PinkFresh Studio.

Thanks for stopping bye, keep well and and a happy day!

Pauline


3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

The weather is crazy right... It's been really up and down here and so miserable. However, your card is anything but... It's stunning!! I could look at it for ages... So pretty and so delicate looking. The stenciling is amazing as is your talent for colours and design. Have a good day and hopefully we WILL get some decent weather soon...

DorothyA said...

Beautiful! Love the layers and pretty wreath.

Leslie Miller said...

I love this so much, Pauline! I had the stencil and die in my cart, but then decided it was crazy when I have so many not yet used things. Can you believe the temporary surge of discipline? You have such an eye for beauty and you know how to get it down on your cards. Sweetest soft colors, sigh... I might have a little time to stamp this weekend, but it remains to be seen. Your card is exquisitely lovely!