Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Spider Mums

Hope everyone is doing well.  I have a floral card to share today from Altenew Stamps - this one is a Paint-a-flower stamp - Spider Mum.

I stamped the image onto some white cougar 100lb using Gina K's black amalgam ink.  I then pulled out a variety of copics and went to town.




Once coloured I pulled out a SSS stencil and sponged some soft ink colours around the flower.  I used distress oxide, but pretty much what was on my brush and sponged very lightly.

Image was cut out using MFT stitched rectangle.  I layered 2 more pieces of white cardstock behind it for dimension then adhered to my card base.

Finishing touches I added clear Nuvo glitter pen to the flowers, and add a couple of gems.

As always, I appreciate your visit today. Have a wonderful day.

Pauline


3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is breathtaking Pauline!! I adore the colour of those Mums... your colouring skills are exquisite. They are so life like! Love the stenciled background too, just perfect!

Jeanne H said...

A lovely card, and yes, your coloring is wonderful.

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, I love these big, beautiful flowers, so nicely colored and with the softly stenciled background! I, too, like to layer without borders for the extra dimension. It's a clean look and comes out better in the mail than with dimensional dots. This is just so lovely, Pauline, and a real treat to see today!