Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Happy Spring

 Hope this finds you well!  Here we are the last day of March already!  I"ve been scrambling in trying to get my Easter cards done and out in the mail, as I didn't realize last week that  Easter is this weekend! Yikes!

This is one of 3 I did on the weekend.  Using stamps and dies from The Greetery, - Bunny Hop stamp, stencil &  die, Spring word die, SSS square dance stencil, and Altenew dye inks



Starting with the bunny stencils and Altenew inks I sponged the bunnies, flowers and carrots.  The greenery is one stamp the fits perfectly around the bunnies.  I used my Misti for the greenery so I could make sure I got good coverage.  Small stamps in the set for the accent on the ears were used in a slightly darker in, then I used my prismacolour pencils to add some detail to the flowers and carrots. I then cut the image out with the matching die.

For the background I used SSS square dance stencil and added inks from what I currently had on my brushes when I sponged the bunnies. A bit of yellow and purple.

Spring - was cut out 3x and adhered together for some dimension.  Sponged some ink heavier on the bottom of the word and light on top for some interest.  Stamped Happy onto a piece of white c/s then cut out with a flag banner die from The Greetery as well.

To finish I added a little enamel purple heart above the happy and some white glitter rhinestones. I sent this off to my sister, I just hope she gets it in time.

Thanks for stopping by.  I will have the other 2 Easter cards in my next post.

Take care everyone, till next time.....

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

A bunny wreath! It doesn't get much cuter than this! I'm totally in love with this, Pauline! With the spring sentiment you don't have to worry about being late for Easter. "Behind" is my middle name these days. Home improvement is fabulous in the end, but a rough road in the meantime. Happy Easter to you!

Ros Crawford said...

Happy Easter! It kinda snuck up on us didn't it... Love your beautiful card with those adorable bunnies... Have a super day!