Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Best wishes

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted.  I haven't been doing much in the line of stamping lately. Bill and I went away for the long weekend, then it's back to work.  Work has been really busy, so when I get home I'm not in the mood to work on cards.  Just exhausted, along with this terrible heat wave we are having, leaves you feeling drained. Temperatures are feeling like 40- 41C (102 - 104 F), and looks like it will continue until at least Sunday, then a tad cooler but not much for the next week.

It's that time of year  - wedding time! I've had lots of requests for wedding cards, so last week I have been trying to get a couple done for my basket.  My card today was inspired by a card my good friend Carla (known as cardsbycarla on SCS) posted on her instagram page. I changed it up somewhat, but just love her layout don't you?

The wedding gown is an embossing folder by Darice.  Oval die cut  layer is from Creative Expressions - Austrian collection - Innsbruck.  Scallop bottom is from Spellbinders A2 scalloped borders one. The hexagon die is from Aliexpress.  Sentiment is from Verve, embossed on vellum with white ep.

To finish off I added a floral arrangement, ribbon and gold beads.

I took this one into work, and it just happened that someone downstairs emailed me to see if I had any wedding cards in my basket, so needless to say I didn't have this one very long.  I need to make a couple more like this. It is very pretty IRL.  Thanks Carla for the inspiration! :)

I hope all my American follows are enjoying their July 4th long weekend. Take care and keep cool!

Pauline

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is gorgeous, Pauline! Those flowers look like porcelain. Love that your center image is an embossed impression -- nice touch -- and those dies with soft gold glitter and gold bow are so lovely. I didn't recognize the SB border at first. It's been a while since I used that one but, of course, I'll have to bring it out now because it looks absolutely beautiful on your card. Your heat must be miserable. I couldn't bear it, especially if there's humidity. We're heading out on the 10th to our desert oasis for a week. It may be hot, but it's dry and that makes a big difference. Thank goodness for an air conditioned motor home when we need it!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's s stunner Pauline... Beautifully designed and I love your mix of die cuts and that amazing flower display!
I feel for you with the heat... And having to go to work too! Oh my I cant cope at all with high temperatures and I think I would die!
I hope it cools for you and you can at least regain your energy... Have a good day my friend

Kerri said...

Absolutely Stunning!!!!!