Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, July 29, 2019

Flower Teddy


Today, I have a cute little card to share with you.  I actually had this coloured up about 3 weeks ago and then just never did anything with you.  So, yesterday I decided it was time to dive into making cards again, as it seems I've been 'slacking' lately.

This cute little bear is called Flower Teddy by Penny Black.  I used my Faber Castell Polychromos pencils to colour.



Using my life changing brushes and oxide inks ( spun sugar, mowed lawn, and tumbled glass),   I went around the image lightly to add shading. I love these brushes, as I have a variety of sizes to get into those small spaces without masking. 

I pulled some papers to see what best suited this image, and came across some Lawn Fawn - perfectly plaid paper. I cut a strip for the bottom then added a piece of glitter washi tape (found in the clearance bin at Micheals :) ) to cover the seam between the two.  I stamped the sentiment using black versafine - this sentiment comes with the image. 

For finishing touches I added some enamel dots, nuvo clear glitter pen for the centers of the flowers and I also added some white dots on the cheeks of the bear and center of the flowers.

Well that's it for me for today.  Wishing you a fabulous day!

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! I adore all these little Penny Black critters! How beautifully you colored this. Such smooth blending with your pencils, and those brushes are so wonderful for a soft background like this. It looks amazing! Perfect colors in your paper. I'm just beside myself to see this darling card, Pauline! So glad you stamped!

Ros Crawford said...

This is adorable! I love the colours and the plaid paper is the perfect addition!